Powered by Blogger.

Ordinary days

Sunday, 4 March 2012

I haven’t posted in a couple of days because nothing exciting has been going on.  After a super busy February, March has come in like a lamb for me, unlike other folks across this country.  Friday was another work day in the VC, and nothing notable transpired. 


On Saturday, John, Diana, and I headed for Pascagoula to the farmer’s market.  It was cold and windy and only one couple showed up to sell their wares.  It was a real bust!  So, we headed back to Ocean Springs to go to their once a month open market.  There were some interesting offerings there, and I ended up buying some smoked pork chops.  I fixed one for dinner, and it was delicious.  I suppose it’s too early in the season to expect much produce to be available.


When we traveled to the monthly art fair, it turned out that it was cancelled.  Other than the pork chops, the morning was pretty much a waste of time and gas.  Sad smile  The cold and miserable weather kept Emma and I in the rig for the rest of the day.


It was a nippy 42* when I took Emma for her first outs this morning, and the wind really began to blow, but at least the sun was shining away.  I hung out a couple of loads of laundry, and it was amazing how fast they dried.  Of course, I had to hunt down a tee shirt and one pair of jeans that took flight from the high winds.


The other day, I broke down and purchased another gas grill.  I haven’t had one in almost two years because I got so frustrated trying to get a large enough flame to cook anything.  The last grill I had took an hour and a half to warm up two hotdogs!  That grill ended up in the dumpster.  I’ve been carrying around that small propane tank all this time with nothing to use it with.  So, last Wednesday I hooked everything up and turned it on High to burn off the newness as the instructions said.  Well after 20 minutes, it had barely warmed up.  There was no difference between High and Low settings.  Ack!!  I tried changing propane tanks, and still no difference. 

I finally resorted to asking another volunteer if they had one of those little tanks that hook directly to the gage on the grill.  Viola!!  I actually had a flame that I could cook something on.  By this time it was almost dark outside, and I was anxious to cook my Teriyaki chicken stir fry so I made the mistake of putting the food on the grill before it had cooled down enough after the 20 minute burn off.  It was edible, but barely so.

To me, that meant that the hose from the grill to the tank must be bad.  I purchased a new hose yesterday, but it was way too windy today to check it out.  If the wind subsides tomorrow, I’ll give it a try.  I’ll do that right after I take a canoe paddle down the bayou.  It all depends on the winds.

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment


Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Most Reading