Powered by Blogger.

A short trip to West Memphis

Friday, 25 October 2013

It was only about a 140 mile drive to Tom Sawyer RV Park in West Memphis today, and I appreciated the shorter drive time.  I was closing in on 700 miles the last three days, and was getting a little road weary.

IMG_9523

This campground, as many of you know, is located right on the banks of the Mighty Mississippi River.  The cold front has extended this far south and the breeze was brisk, but it was nice to have beautiful blue skies.  I was ready for a break and will stay here two nights.

_MG_9528

After getting set up, Emma and I enjoyed a walk along the river.  The road into the campground over the dike is a little interesting, but once you descend to the campground it’s pleasant.  Full hook-ups with the Escapees discount is $32/night.  It’s a much nicer place to stay than I had two nights ago for about the same price.  I’m parked next to the shower/laundry facilities.  Doing your laundry is included in the price, so it’s been quite busy.  I think I’ll try to get a couple of loads done in the early morning tomorrow.

_MG_9535

Most folks stop here to enjoy the barge travel that goes on just outside your rig.  This is one of the smaller barges that are being pushed up the river.  The traffic flows both directions, and I must say it’s more relaxing than listening to trains, and all their noise, going by.  Of course, I’m not a big fan of trains, so this is more to my liking.  The forecast for tomorrow calls for a sunny day, so I’m just going to kick back and sit on one of the many benches along the river. 

Had to chuckle this afternoon, as I watched all of the men in the campground out washing their rigs.  Apparently you are allowed to do that here.  Don’t know what all the ladies were doing inside, but for me the last thing on my mind is washing the rig.  Considering the miles I have left to go, I’ll choose to wait until I get to Bayou Cocodrie before I consider washing things.  Lots of folks from Ohio here tonight, and it made me wonder if Ohioans always want their rigs sparkling clean?  Or is it a way the men stay busy and get away from the ladies inside?  They were all like little worker bees.  Sure did make me wonder.

_MG_9538

                                                                              THE END!!

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Most Reading