Powered by Blogger.

Another plague?

Tuesday, 8 October 2013

In my early time at Tamarac, I was plagued by ticks, mosquitoes, and deer flies.  After most of them were done, I had almost six weeks of pretty bug free weather.  Then last week, with the lowering temperatures, the mice decided to try to live with me.  I’ve pretty well conquered them for the time being.  We’ve most recently had some beautiful sunny afternoons, and that has brought on a new plague.

IMG_0414

Now there’s an invasion of those miserable little Chinese beetles that look like ladybugs.  Ugh!  My poor rig is covered with hundreds of them.  It has red freckles everywhere!  And they’re all trying to get inside.  I don’t want to squash them because, if I remember correctly, they stink to high heaven.  I just tell myself, this too shall pass.

IMG_0417

Some of you may be wondering what happened yesterday when the repair man finally arrived.  Well, first I had to get someone to get the thing out of where it was installed and out into the middle of my floor.  Luckily the LE guy for the refuge showed up in the afternoon, so I grabbed him and the refuge manager to accomplish the fete.  They thought it would be a snap, but I knew better.  After an hour’s struggle, they were successful, and here it sits.

The repairman was scheduled to come sometime between 8:00 and 5:00. Isn’t that always the way?  Like people don’t have anything better to do but sit and wait by the phone.  He got here about 4:00, and it took him about five minutes to figure out that the compressor was shot.  As he figured out the estimate for repair, I whipped out my Samsung handbook, and mentioned it was covered under the five year warranty.  All I had to do was produce the sales slip from when I bought it.  Not to worry, I keep every receipt from work done on the rig.  Open-mouthed smile

Of course, A & E Factory Service doesn’t keep compressors in stock, so it has to be ordered.  I expected that.  Now I’m waiting for it to be delivered.  My guess is it will be next week before I get to leave.  I did complain about having to wait so long for service, and he gave me a special number to call when the compressor arrives to help speed things up.  I hope it works.

73 Tamarac NWR, 201334

There’s not much else happening around here besides watching the life and death of my mushroom village in the front yard.  Tonight’s challenge will be trying to watch TV from my favorite chair with the blasted refrigerator in front of me.  However, I think maybe I see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Most Reading