Powered by Blogger.

Could it possibly be true?

Wednesday, 16 October 2013

Could my departure from Tamarac NWR actually be within sight?  Maybe.  It all depends on a couple of things.  I haven’t posted in several days since nothing has been happening besides rain and cold temperatures.  It turned out cold enough last night to freeze my water hose.  Not nice. 

The first thing my departure rested on was receiving the new fan blade from Samsung.

IMG_0444

It arrived this afternoon just before 5:00 thanks to a considerate UPS driver.  With the shutdown, the manager goes home at 4:00, and the gates are locked.  This UPS guy called me this morning, and said he would meet me at the locked gate to deliver the fan blades since he figured he wouldn’t be able to get in.  Thank you kind sir!

The Samsung tech that replaced the compressor told me it was an easy matter of just sliding the new blades onto the shaft of the fan motor.  Oh yeah?  Well after 45 minutes of struggling to get in on the shaft, and a big blood blister on one finger, I gave up.  Crying face  I guess I just don’t have the oomph to do it.  This whole refrigerator thing has been so frustrating for almost a month that I was on the verge of tears.  I mustered through, but just barely.

IMG_0439

              Noticed a new crop of different mushrooms in my front yard today in the welcome sunshine.

The second challenge I have to overcome is getting the fixed refrigerator from the middle of my floor back to where it belongs.  The refuge manager will not be in tomorrow due to a funeral he has to attend, and the Law Enforcement guy is off until the weekend.  Sad smile  But I have hopes that the shutdown will end tonight, and staff will return tomorrow.  Neil, the refuge manager, has assured me that getting me able to travel is a top priority should the staff be back on duty in the morning.  I’m banking on plenty of muscular men being available tomorrow to install the fan, and lift the fridge into its compartment.  If those knot heads in Washington don’t come through tonight, who knows how long I’ll be stuck here.

IMG_0440

With a possible departure date on Friday, I went to town today to restock my larder.  I’ve about consumed everything I had ready for my trip to Bayou Cocodrie NWR in Louisiana during the last three plus weeks.

IMG_0441

                                           The mature mushrooms here are about 3” in diameter.

Once again I’m crossing all my fingers and toes, but they’re starting to get cramped up from overuse!

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Most Reading