Powered by Blogger.

I’m pooped!

Thursday, 24 October 2013

Not too much going on the last two days other than driving.  After 200 miles yesterday, I spent the night in a not exactly stellar campground.  Left at 8:30 this morning to head for Sikeston, MO.  I’ve stayed at the Hinton RV Park before, so it was a known entity.  Due to a couple of little delays, it took me until almost 4:00 to arrive after driving 327 miles.

A couple of folks had recommended not taking I-70 to I-55 outside of St. Louis.  They had suggested US 65 to US 60 to Sikeston, but I ignored their idea.  I checked it out on line last night, and not only was it a longer route, but it took me through what I think was the Missouri Ozarks.  If I had a lot of time, and it was warmer, I might have taken that route. 

When I have to get somewhere quickly, I have always preferred interstate highways.  I know a lot of people disagree with that, but it’s a whole lot easier for me, with no navigator, to use the interstates.  They have been the quickest routes for me, and the best chance of finding fueling stations that I can get into and out of without any incidents.

327 miles is about 127 miles over the top for me for driving in a day, but with the cold air shooting down from Canada, I took advantage of an almost all-day tail wind.  Even here in southeast Missouri the temps tonight are predicted to go down into the 20’s.  Brr!

On the bright side, I’ve made reservations for at least two nights at Tom Sawyer RV Park in West Memphis, AR.  I’ve only read good things about this park, and am looking forward to taking a little break, not determined by the wind, on my dash to Louisiana.  Then I’ll make the final push to Bayou Cocodrie NWR.  I didn’t want to arrive on a weekend anyway.  No one works the weekends…

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Most Reading