Powered by Blogger.

Update

Wednesday, 9 October 2013

On my trip to get ice today, Emma and I made a little stop along the way.

73 Tamarac NWR, 201335

Do you remember that stop-and-go light monument I spotted in a little country cemetery way back in June?  Well, I’ve been unable to find anything further about it, so we stopped again today.  The homemade light stands next to this monument to Raymond Olk.  Seems he was a veteran of World War II and the Korean War.  Nearby are other Olk graves, but no clues as to the reason for the stop light with the big butterfly on it.  The mystery continues.

IMG_0423

Since the wind wasn’t blowing like crazy today, I stopped at a couple of ponds on the way home to see if I could get some nice reflections of the fall colors.

IMG_0428

Lots of the trees are now leafless, and the colors are past peak.  It’s still very pretty, and I’m glad I got to enjoy them while they lasted.

A little after 4:00 the refuge manager came up to my rig carrying the new compressor for the refrigerator.  It had just been delivered by UPS.  They always come late in the day here.

I immediately called A & E Factory Service and have an appointment for Friday.  I’ve requested a morning appointment, but they can’t promise anything.  Friday is the next time that both the manager and LE guy will be here.  After that, I’d have to wait until next Tuesday for them to reinstall the fridge.  I’ve got my fingers crossed once again.

IMG_0426

I got the levelers lubricated today, and tomorrow I’ll clean the outside windows so I’ll be able to see when I finally pull out.  That’s about all that’s happening in this neck of the woods other than the zillions of bombarding beetles.

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Most Reading