Powered by Blogger.

Planning to win

Monday, 18 November 2013

In some cultures, Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest.  After the hectic week I had traveling to Austin and back, getting ready for the Expo, and actually working the Expo, I needed a day of rest.  I did a little laundry, took Emma for a good run around the compound, and actually finished a good book.  Now I just have to package up that book and send it to the person that won it in a little contest I ran a couple of months ago.

Today, I was off early to meet one of the volunteer couples at headquarters.  We had to unload all the stuff from the Expo out of the van before they took it to drive it back to Balcones Canyonlands NWR.  I decided to let someone else have the opportunity to visit another refuge, rather than drive it back myself.  Of course, that decision also meant I didn’t have to come up with another $32 for Emma to stay in the kennel for one night. 

After that, I hopped in my refuge truck and headed for the VIS to get a refresher on operating it.  I imagine that will be one of my assignments starting next month. 

IMG_4960

                                                                              Snowy Egret

Of course, that also gave me the opportunity to take a drive around Shoveler Pond to see what I could see.  Tonight’s pics are from that drive.

IMG_4965

                                                                      Common Moorhen

There was heavy fog this morning, and then overcast skies so it wasn’t the best for wildlife viewing.  With the still air, it was a bona fide perfect day for mosquitoes however.  Nyah-Nyah Egad!  I had an awful time keeping the hordes off of me.

IMG_4969

              Lots of Black-bellied Whistling Ducks on the Shoveler Pond Auto Tour road this morning.

Over the last two years, I’ve had an off and on battle with a collection agency.  Two years ago, when I was last here, I made a trip to the local ER because of my back.  They never sent me a bill.  Then last February I heard from a collection agency that I owed $349.82 for that visit.  I checked my insurance records, and sent them the payment. 

IMG_4985

                                                                      Neotropic Cormorant

Fast forward to this summer, when they called again and said I owed an additional $149.  I told them I would not pay it unless I had an itemized bill.  What I eventually received was a sheet of paper that only said “You owe $149.”  Not acceptable.  Eventually, they called again, and I repeated my request for an itemized bill.  I received that last week.  I also once again dug out my medical insurance records from 2011.  Those records show that I was responsible for the original $349.82 and nothing more.

So now I’m waiting for them to call again.  At which point, I will once again tell them that I have paid the bill in full, and they will not see any more money from me.  I plan to win this battle.

IMG_4993

                                                                              THE END!!

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Most Reading